At Trek Web Design I create beautiful, patient friendly optometry practice website designs. My specialised approach to optometrist websites stems from a background in both web development and optometry. I have worked as an optometrist at least part time since graduating in 2000. Although the bulk of my work is now in web design and development I still work enough to keep registered – I remain in touch with the industry and understand the needs of a private practice.
This intimate knowledge of the profession enables me to design far more comprehensive & unique websites for optometrists than your everyday web design corporation.
Choose Trek to develop or redesign your optometry practice website
- You will be working one on one with Georgia Tang, web developer & optometrist – I do not outsource any of the project
- I will listen to your practice needs, provide advice when needed, and take your ideas and feedback on board every step of the way.
- My websites are modern, mobile responsive, and designed to complement the branding & personality of each practice
- I have the background knowledge to write and edit your website content if your require it
- Knowing the industry helps me to optimise your website for search engines (not all designers include SEO in their website design packages and my website SEO techniques tend to achieve excellent organic – unpaid – search engine results)
- Sites can be set up to incorporate online bookings that sync with systems such as Sunix, encouraging patients to book online and saving time at the front desk
- My services are flexible – I can complete the whole project or set things up so you are able to work on parts yourself
- My rates are very reasonable and far cheaper than many larger design corporations
But I am not in Newcastle…
No problem. Many of my clients have businesses in other states and we work together successfully. Even clients that live close by often choose to work with me via the phone and web – it often tends to be more efficient than meeting in person!
Optometrist Website Design: your options
The best way to get started is to contact me – I will give you a call to discuss the project and what suits your needs. I will then provide you with a detailed quote so you will know exactly what the project will cost.
I am able to create any kind of design that you wish, while keeping in mind the importance of functionality. Your site can be as simple or as large as you wish, and can be set up so that you are able to edit and expand your site yourself. I also have non-custom options available.
How did an optometrist become a web designer?
In 2010 my husband Jason (also an optometrist) went into private practice. I assisted with the initial setup and marketing, which included developing a practice website. We started out using drag and drop programs which limited our design ideas while also creating a mass of messed up code behind the scenes. So I taught myself to code from scratch in HTML5/CSS3. I loved designing and developing the practice website. It took a ton of time and looking back my first efforts were just awful but I learnt a lot and I haven’t stopped designing and coding since.
I established Trek Web Design in 2014 and have since designed, developed & maintained websites for dozens of small businesses. My areas of interest continue to evolve and most of my websites are now PHP based custom WordPress builds.
More about optometry web design: