At Trek Web Design I specialise in optometrist website design because I am also an optometrist. I have worked as an optometrist for more than 10 years (I still work enough to keep up my registration), in both corporate and independent practices and as a locum.
How did an optometrist become a web designer?
In 2010 my husband Jason (also an optometrist) went into private practice. I assisted with the initial setup and marketing, which included developing a practice website. We started out using drag and drop programs which limited our design ideas while also creating a mass of messed up code behind the scenes. So I taught myself to code from scratch in HTML5/CSS3. I loved designing and developing the practice website. It took a ton of time and looking back my first efforts were just awful but I learnt a lot and I haven’t stopped designing and coding since.
I established Trek Web Design in 2014 and have since designed, developed & maintained websites for dozens of small businesses. My areas of interest continue to evolve and most of my websites are now PHP based custom WordPress builds.
8 Reasons to choose Georgia as your optometry web designer
- You will be working one on one with me – I do not outsource any of the project
- Optometry has provided me with communication skills that are not always found in IT! I will listen to what you are after, provide advice when needed, and take your ideas and feedback on board every step of the way.
- My websites are modern, mobile responsive, and designed to complement the branding & personality of each practice
- I have the background knowledge to write and edit optometry based website content
- Knowing the industry helps me to optimise your website for search engines (not all designers include SEO in their website design packages)
- My services are flexible – I can complete the whole project or set things up so you are able to work on parts yourself
- My rates are very reasonable and far cheaper than many larger design corporations
- I work hard on every project and I like to do things well 🙂
But I am not in Newcastle…
No problem! Many of my clients have businesses in other states and we work together successfully. Even clients that live close by often choose to work with me via the phone and web – it tends to be more efficient than meeting in person!
Optometrist Website Design: your options
The best way to get started is to contact me – I will give you a call to discuss the project and what suits your needs. I will then provide you with a detailed quote so you will know exactly what the project will cost.
I am able to create any kind of design that you wish, while keeping in mind the importance of functionality. Your site can be as simple or as large as you wish, and can be set up so that you are able to edit and expand your site yourself. I also have non-custom options available.
More about optometry web design: