Our WordPress Web Design services include
- Custom WordPress design and development (Gutenberg compatible)
- Genesis theme development
- On-site SEO (we achieve many high organic search engine ranking results with our methods)
- Complete WordPress website and plugin configuration, optimised for speed & security
- Website hosting and ongoing management of security and updates
- Customisation of existing themes including StudioPress themes and themes built on the Genesis framework
- E-commerce WordPress theme design and development using WooCommerce
- Blog theme design
- Redevelopment of themes (for example if an existing theme is broken or not mobile responsive and you wish to keep a similar design)
- Specialty themes for optometrists and medical professionals
What is WordPress?
WordPress is basically a type of software called a ‘content management system’ (or CMS) that allows websites to be set up so the average person who doesn’t know coding can access and edit their own website. But it is more than that – it allows heaps of functions to be added to a website relatively easily. You can run a blog, e-commerce store, add contact forms, slideshows, and pretty much anything you can think of. While many of these things can be done with a more simple (HTML) website, WordPress represents a user friendly, adaptable, and rapid way of achieving them. A WordPress site is far more complicated than a basic HTML site but once set up it allows the average person to do so much more with it. WordPress is not the only CMS out there, but it is the most popular.
For more information read our blog post: What is WordPress?
How do I decide if I need a WordPress site or an HTML site?
If you need a website to simply provide information and this information is not going to change very often then an HTML site is a simple choice. Once set up by your website developer, an HTML site needs very little attention. However, although I originally constructed sites in HTML this would rarely if ever be my choice today. A basic HTML construction does not tend to provide the flexibility to change and adapt that almost every modern website requires.
WordPress is also a far better option if you want to be able to edit your site yourself; add new pages, change text, or add images on a regular basis; run a blog; or are looking for an adaptable solution going forward. Nearly all the websites in our portfolio are now run on the WordPress platform.
A WordPress website does require a degree of ongoing maintenance. Although this is not difficult in most cases, if neglected your sites runs a higher risk of being hacked or crashing altogether. Trek Web Design provides ongoing WordPress update management and site monitoring, which is generally provided free for the first 12 months.